We consider the health and safety of our employees to be our topmost priority. When dealing with hazardous substances we take various precautions.
Hazard Analysis :
All our employees are provided with Personal Protective Equipment like :
- The analysis is carried out with respect that each vessel is beached on plot to pro-actively avoid any accidents on the yard.
- Our health and safety team based on the analysis of the vessel’s hazardous factors plans the safety objects required in the safety room.
- Doctors on the yard monitor the health of the workers periodically.
- We have a separate infrastructure for dealing with hazardous materials.
- Employees handling asbestos are regularly tested for respiratory ailments and they are allotted jobs in rotation with continuous training in order to curb over exposure to limited individuals.
- We also have a separate medical wing for employee’s checkups.
- Boiler suits – IS9473 standard.
- Safety shoes- EN 345 standard.
- Eye protection gear – ANIS standard.
- Gloves- CE standard.
- Non return valve based gas cutting equipment.
- Dust control mask- ISI standard.
- Asbestos handling respiratory based personal protective system- EN/NFPA 1981, NIOSH, ISI standards.
Our protective equipment is appropriately in alliance with the national and international safety marks.
Winch Safety :
Crane Safety :
- Our gears and open revolving machinery involved with winch construction are adequately compatible to meet the safety standards of workers around the winch.
- Workers with adequate personal protection equipment like gloves supervise wire ropes behind the winch.
- Trays are stored with wire ropes to avoid land contamination.
- Competent personnel as per legal requirements carry out winch inspection, along with inspection of wire ropes, shackles, etc. regularly.
Working at Heights :
- Every crane is regularly maintained in a good working condition.
- Protective glass sheets are fitted on the cranes.
- Audible horn and mode of communication between the crane driver and guide is maintained. This is done to avoid trips and falls of items carried and lifted by the crane.
- Competent authorities regularly inspect load testing, hooks and shackles.
- Gas cutters who work at various heights on ship utilize safety belts.
- Only trained gas cutters are permitted to go on board for cutting.
- There is constant supervision when working at heights, and also there are helpers around the high working areas.
ILO Compliance :
ILO is the International Labor Organization which is a multi-governmental organization consisting of various work and labor guidelines. These guidelines provide methods for healthy work practices.
In 2003, guidelines were provided for Asian countries and Turkey regarding safe and healthy ship breaking practices.
PRIYA BLUE HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTING ITS VARIOUS REQUISITES SUCH AS :
- Reporting of work related incidents and diseases.
- Regular Health check-ups of our workers.
- Management of hazardous substances.
- Training staff and workers periodically.
- Emergency vigilance and welfare of our employees.
Priya Blue observes these norms such as :
- Ship recycling facility management plan.
- Ship recycling plan.
- Reporting from the initial to the final stages of the recycling process.