Harmful waste Management
At Priya Blue, we are strong advocates of safely disposing hazardous waste without harming any of our team members and employees.
- We identify, grade and mark the risk prone zones, decks and areas.
- Adequate checklists and procedures are documented for safe removal, handling, transport and disposal of hazardous substances.
- Tanks of hazardous materials are cleaned periodically.
- There are check-lists for entry, operation and exit of employees in the risk zones
- Regular monitoring in hazardous zones.
- Regular medical checkups of employees exposed to harmful substances.
- The company works along with GEPIL (Gujarat Environment Protection & Infrastructure Ltd.) on safe removal of asbestos from ships.
- Employees dealing with hazardous materials are adequately protected with personal protection gear of highest international standards.
- ACM (asbestos containing material) from the vessel is disassembled in Asbestos diminution center.
- ACM is sprayed with a special fluid that ensures that the material remains soft and not friable during rough handling.
- ACM is gathered in bags that are kept in the asbestos storage area, which are then sent to TDSF site the following day without unnecessary delay.